Sunday, October 30, 2011

Is anyone still there?

I know, I know...it has been FOREVER since I have written a blog.  You guys got used to me being a stay-at-home mommy and supplying you with an abundance of reading material and updates via my blog.  And - I promised I would continue to provide updates which thus far have been less than promising.  Now that my life is calming down a little....well, as much as life can for a full time worker/student/mother/wife...I hope to provide you with more updates on the oh so exciting life of an American trapped in Japan.


Since I have last written, we have found the most AMAZING place ever to eat at.  Japan is definitely not in short supply of wonderful restaurants with yummy grub. FYI - as a side note I will point out that I had to use spell check for the word definitely.  Moving on...so this place of which I have no clue what the name, is absolutely the best place we have been to eat since arriving on island.  This probably doesn't say much since we all know how cheap financially responsible I am and as result we have only dined out a small hand full of times.  But, it is also my co-workers favorite place to eat and she has been on island much longer than I.


So, why is this place so cool you ask?  You pay one fee.  You order as much as you want.  You grill it yourself at your table.  Ice cream is included.  Could life get any better?


Here is a video of our evening out with friends:




Last weekend we went to our first concert here.  Iyaz came to Oki.  If you don't know who he is, he sings Pretty Girls, Replay, and Solo.  Landen enjoyed the music but passed out before it was over. 





I also thought I would thrown in that I went for another pedicure and my design this time was especially cute.


I found a new produce market (new to me anyway) and this one is amazing!  They have the largest assortment of produce, baked goods, fried goods, gifts, and flowers.  I picked up some muffins and three flowers.  I am absolutely in love.  The flowers were only 100 yen a piece!




Last night we went to a pumpkin carving party at a friend's house.  We had a great time.  My favorite part was all the themed Halloween food.  I love it when someone knows how to throw a good party.  


Our pumpkin is the haunted house on the top left.








3 comments:

  1. Devin, I have missed your stories, and really enjoyed this one. The pictures are great.Love, MEME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I have been MISSING you!!! OK: are those seriously your toes??! That's incredible!! And I love your haunted house pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devin, we really enjoy reading your blog and hearing about your new experiences. It's like being there with you. You are a very talented writer. Guy is also very talented and did an excellent pumpkin carving. We love and miss you guys, but I am so glad you have this experience in Okinawa, to see and do new things. Look forward to reading your next entry! Love, Dad <><

    ReplyDelete