Monday, September 5, 2011

Torii Beach

Sometimes I really can't believe that I live in such a paradise...swimming in the crystal clear waters of the East China Sea, walking on beautiful beaches, eating fresh sushi, and meeting amazing people.  But I do, and it is wonderful.  


At one point today I was stopped at a red light in my car, my music was going, and as I was looking around I felt like I was sitting in the scene of a movie.  The sun was shining, the wind blowing ever so perfectly.  A young Japanese woman rides by on her bicycle with groceries in her basket, listening to her iPod.  An elderly woman is doing yard work.  A business man, sharply dressed in a suit he probably purchased at the Armani outlet, is talking on his cell phone.  The flowers are in full bloom, everything is perfect.


The beauty that surround my days is ever growing.  On Labor Day, we went to a new beach.  I thought it would be just another beach, but no...this place has so much more to offer.  This beach, Torri, is on the coastline of Torii Station, the Army base out here.  I know I am always mentioning different bases. I have no idea how many there are here...8, 10, 12?  There are a lot.  



Here is a short video my husband took of Landen and I on the beach.



The best part about this beach, besides the beautiful water of course, is that is has a huge water slide and splash fountain!  And of course, you all know how my little Lanny is a big fan of the splash fountains.




We set up camp for about 4 hours.  Our huge beach umbrella gave us the perfect amount of shade and my Egyptian Cotton sheet made the ground feel like silky heaven.  There is a restaurant on the beach where you can purchase meals, but we brought sandwiches and fresh fruit from home.  There are camping areas and cabins on the shoreline that you can rent for the night.  They also have other things for rent such as dragon boats, paddle boards, and surf boards.  

To make the day even better, my parents bought us each a mask and snorkel set so we could see all the pretty sea life in the beautiful waters. My next step is to learn how to scuba dive.  I am hoping to get certified within the year.

4 comments:

  1. Love this Blog! I hope you keep it up and let all us land locked prisoners look at all the fun your having! - Maggie H

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!! It's funny how in my mind, all of Japan was just like...a city. I guess since I've only ever heard about/seen pictures of Tokyo. It never occurred to me that there were so many beaches, although...duh...if I would look at a map, it should be pretty obvious. Still. It's definitely a beach paradise over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an exciting adventure. I feel as if I am there with you. MEME

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Okinawa :( I lived there for 3 wonderful yrs. and didn't wanna leave!! It is deffinitely paradise :)

    ReplyDelete