Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Unscheduled Life

The hubby was supposed to leave for a month of training in Korea on September 2nd....then it was moved to August 29th...then pushed back to September 1st...then September 4th....now they are saying sometime next week.  Ahhh, this is my life....hurry up and wait.   

Meanwhile we have been doing more exploring!  Last night we headed to American Village AFTER DINNER.  We stayed out until 9PM!!  We are such homebodies.  And very scheduled.  We like to be home at night.  

Okay, so we made a random decision to go to American Village.  Lots of shops.  Lots of places to eat. Bands playing, people drinking.  I felt a little out of place.  Like I was too old to be there, despite the fact that everyone there was my age.  Hmmm....I don't need to grow up, I need to grow down.  If that makes any sense.

We have been here several times before.  It is one of the main attractions on the island, and it is only 10 minutes from our house.

Ferris Wheel and huge 3 story indoor shopping area.

Across the street is more shopping

Two story shopping area.

I think my camera was over stimulated....

Look, the Japanese guys are giving us peace signs...something they all do in pictures.
This was Friday night.  Fast forward to Saturday morning and we made another random decision to go to breakfast.  The second "unscheduled" event in the Drake household this weekend.  I am breaking out of my rigid, scheduled, organized, planned shell.  


We went to the Ocean Breeze on Camp Foster.  Camp Foster is the base we live on, the Ocean Breeze is about a mile down the road.  It is a restaurant and holds the enlisted clubs.  Breakfast was buffet style.  You name it, it was there; waffles, pancakes, french toast, eggs, omelet bar, sausage, ham, bacon, cereal bar, grits, oatmeal, gravy, biscuits, taco bar, pastry bar, plus more!  



  
After our yummy breakfast we headed out to the Camp Foster flea market.  It is held at a different base each weekend.  The first weekend of the month they hold it at Camp Foster.  My find: a Japan T-shirt for Landen that I got for $1.  I was super pumped to buy this off a Japanese lady.  I had been looking at the T-shirts at American Village, but they were 1900 yen ($25.27). 



The next stop was Mona Kids Jungle.  I know, I know, we were super busy today!  This Jungle is an amazing place for kids.  Okay, I admit it's pretty cool for adults too.  There are a ton of yummy snacks for purchase and it is so much fun to watch the kids run wild.  For 500 yen ($6.65), Landen could play for 3 hours!  He tired out in 1 1/2. 

Can you find Landen?






We ended our perfect day with a trip to the Rocker NCO (non-commissioned officer) Club on Kadena Air Force base for cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.  This base is about 15 minutes down the road.  So tonight I will savor white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and dulce de leche cheesecake.  I am going to have to work out extra hard tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day for a beautiful family..
    MEME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day...personally, my favorite part was that breakfast buffet. Sounds like my FANTASY WORLD!

    ReplyDelete