Saturday, August 27, 2011

AEON Mall and a Festival

When I hear the word mall I think Gap, Macy's, Bath and Body Works, etc.  Unfortunately, we do not have any of those stores here.  We DO have a mall...there are a few actually.  I have no idea what the names of the stores are because the writing looks like this  インターネットをもっと快適に.  Maybe one day I will learn how to read the writing here.  Probably not.

Today we went to AEON Mall in American Village.  It is difficult to describe the malls here.  The stores are packed together and it is hard to tell where one stops and another starts. 


I ignored my diet and went straight for Mister Donuts.  You will be proud, the three of us shared one donut.  And by share I mean I had three fourths of it.

Yes, those are green donuts...melon flavored maybe??
                

You can see Blue Seal ice cream in the back...those are everywhere.  Most of the food is in English, ha!  They must know Americans like to eat.

There are several clothing and home good stores.  They have a lot of places to eat, and they even have a grocery attached.  Some of my pictures are blurry.  I'm sorry.  I was trying to take photos as we were walking.  I was using my iPod because I didn't want to draw attention to us (never mind the fact that once again we were the only Americans there and I am a good foot taller than any woman around....and some of the men too).





This afternoon we went to the Camp Hansen Festival, held on another Marine Corps base.  It is about 30 minutes north of us.  Landen met a friend.  This little boy is 2.  Landen turned 15 months today (he is in the 89th percentile for weight, 96th for height and 99th for head size....so in short I am growing a football player with a big brain).


They have a lot of entertainment planned.  The main attraction was Alien Ant Farm.  We were there for the Eisa performers.  Here is a short video:
   

And of course a festival wouldn't be complete without a lot of yummy, greasy food.  There were vendors with traditional festival foods such as pizza, snow cones, BBQ, and funnel cakes.  There were also Japanese vendors with yakisoba, yakitori, and tempura.  I chose a grape slushy for my treat.




2 comments:

  1. That mall is so crazy!! I like how the SALE! CLEARANCE! signs are in English, too. They know how Americans like a good deal to go with their green doughnuts...yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very interesting. I love your blog. Makes me think I am in Japan with you.
    MEME

    ReplyDelete