Thursday, August 25, 2011

Almost as good as chocolate.

When my friend Brittany asked me to go get a pedicure, I was game.  Now I know what many of you are thinking...Devin?  Pay for a pedicure???  Is she feeling okay??  Well, first of all I am always excited to try new things in my new country.  Second, after living with two fellas, I could REALLY use a "girls date".  So off to Cocok  for pedicures we went!

Let me first introduce Brittany.  Brittany and her husband just moved to Japan this past winter.  They came here from Beaufort, SC, same as us. So we have been friends for a few years now.  Meet Brittany:


Cocok is an amazing place to get a pedicure.  I am now addicted and will be spending much of my disposable income on this treat.  This is not just any old pedicure.  It is "me" time.  We gossip, we sit in comfy recliners, we drink Japanese tea and eat Japanese candy, and we do all of this while enjoying a beautiful view of the ocean.




The manicurist is a true artist.  We have pages and pages and pages of designs to look through.  The binder is quite thick.  It takes me forever to decide. 



The pedicure took an hour and a half.  The first hour consisted of oil massages and hot towel wraps.  The last 30 minutes was spent painting (they do it all by hand).  So...if you need help deciding what to get me for my birthday/Christmas/Mother's Day/Valentine's Day/Saint Patrick's Day/National Donut Day...or any other day...now you know.      





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful toes...
    What a neat experience...
    Meme

    ReplyDelete